[vox-tech] Wireless-to-ethernet bridges

Josh Parsons jbparsons at ucdavis.edu
Fri Oct 7 12:43:11 PDT 2005

Henry House wrote:

> Actually that scenerio is the opposite of what I am trying to do, which is
> to add a single device that has an ethernet interface (my PC) to an existing
> wireless network (my housemate's DSL router, which does not offer an
> ethernet option).

Your housemate has a single box containing a DSL modem, NAT router and
wireless AP with no ethernet port?  Or do they have a AP+router with
only one ethernet port (attached to the modem?)

If the latter another possibility is to buy your housemate a new router
with wireless and multiple ethernet ports for their birthday.

That wouldn't be much more expensive, you'd end up with a more standard
setup, and it wouldn't necessarily be harder to set up than a bridge.

--
Josh Parsons
Philosophy Department