[vox-tech] [OT] IE fails on my page: error 80004004

Micah J. Cowan micah at cowan.name
Mon Oct 3 15:22:53 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 03:02:10PM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> I spent my morning developing my personal homepage, http://www.mossroot.com,
> using Quanta+ on my Linux computer and checking it in Firefox.  When I
> finally got around to trying it out with IE, IE refused to finish loading the
> page.  When I tried IE under WINE, I was told it got an error number
> 80004004.  I've Googled on that error number but I haven't found anything
> that seems relevant.
>
> I'm stumped.  Anyone got any ideas?

Everything seems okay. I notice Connection: Keep-Alive is set by
default, and wonder if that has anything to do with it (although I was
pretty sure IE honors that correctly). Have you tried using tcpdump?

Maybe do tcpdump -vv -s 0 -X port 80 (as root) while connecting to your
server with IE, and maybe we can figure out what's going on... you might
not want to post that full log to the list, since it might be somewhat
lengthy: perhaps post a URI to it...

What version of IE are you using?

-Micah