[vox-tech] Kmail Question

Jeffrey J. Nonken jjn_lugod at nonken.net
Tue Nov 15 11:19:23 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:38:03 -0600
Ken Bloom <kbloom at gmail.com> wrote:

> My biggest problem with Thunderbird (and Firefox) are MIME
> associations. I get the impression that there's some combination of
> behavior where Thunderbird and Firefox don't remember them, don't
> share them with each other, and don't share them with any other
> standard system of MIME associations. Likewise for protocol helpers.
> We really need a better way to tie these apps together.

I've tried Firefox on my Windoze machine, and while it's a decent
little browser, I never liked it as well as I like Mozilla. Thing about
Mozilla is that it's got the news/email and browser in the same package.
I don't know if it addresses your plaint, but I'd expect it to be
better integrated. Might be worth looking into.

(I don't really know much about MIME so I don't really have a clue,
but it seems a logical place to look.)