[vox-tech] OpenOffice and Footers

Ken Bloom kbloom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:50:41 PST 2005

Rod Roark wrote:
> On Thursday 03 November 2005 06:47 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>
>>  Title title title [TAB] Page number
>>

>>Put the tab at the very right margin, and make it a right-aline one.
>>So you'll get:
>>
>> | Rod's document                        1 |

>> | Rod's document                      332 |
>

> Wow.  Alright, I typed the title, hit tab, hit the right-align button
> and then the page number stuff, and it worked.  But I don't really
> understand why.  I thought right-align was an attribute of
> paragraphs, not characters.

You misunderstand what a right tab is, but In openoffice having a left,
center, and right tab is the default for headers/footers.

For future reference, you get a right-aligned tabstop or left-aligned
tabstop by clicking the little L at the intersection if the two rulers
until it changes into an upside-down T (for centered) or a backward L
(for right-aligned) then clicking where you want it in the ruler.

--Ken Bloom