[vox-tech] Is Google wrong about the license on ethereal?

Shwaine shwaine at shwaine.com
Thu May 26 17:07:49 PDT 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> ethereal is licensed under the GNU GPL.  But if you do a Google search on
> "ethereal license", Google returns:
>
>   Ethereal
>   License: Freeware
>   According to http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4449.html

I would take MajorGeek's classifications with a huge grain of salt. I
visited there once on the recommendation of a friend. It did not impress
me enough to warrant a bookmark. They seemed to be more Windows oriented
site and their license classifications (commercial, shareware, freeware)
would fall into that target audience realm.