[vox-tech] BibTex related question

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Sun Mar 20 11:36:14 PST 2005

Hi,

Just started using bibtex to help with the organization of citations in
papers and the like... i am currently using the bibtex style called
"named" with the command:

\bibliographystyle{named}

... as suggested on this website:
http://netra.wustl.edu/links/latex/latex.html

my intent was to get citations that look like (author, year) ... the
"named" style was the closest that I could get, however the citations
end up looking like [author, year] ...

any ideas on how to get the more traditional (author, year) style?

thanks!

PS: for anyone using macos X there is a great application called
"Bibdesk" which can help manage your .bib file. Anyone know of a
similar tool for Linux?

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis