[vox-tech] notebook wireless refinement question

Donald Greg McGahan dgmcgahan at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 21:03:32 PST 2005

New to Linux so pardon if this is not not clearly asked......but here
goes....
I have Slackware running on a Toshiba notebook.
It has a miniPCI wireless card.
I've figured out how to connect to my home wireless router by running a
script

#!/bin/bash
iwconfig eth1 essid name key [1] XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX
dhcpcd eth1

Now when I turn on the notebook at home I'd like to have the start up
recognize the essid name and run this script and just connect or is
there a better way such as the rc.wireless.conf? Seems like I should be
able to look for this essid first then if it does not exist go to say
Moobilenet then look for an unsecured access point.

--
Donald Greg "DiG" McGahan
University of California Davis
email: soilman at ucdavis.edu or  dgmcgahan at yahoo.com
MSN Messenger: dgmcgahan at hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: dgmcgahan at yahoo.com
AIM: dgmcgahan
ICQ: 55404391
Web Page http://lawr.dept-lawr.ucdavis.edu/users/soilgrads/dig/
Ped-O-quote
"The lithosphere is the easel, the pedosphere the canvas, and the biosphere the painting on the canvas." (Gleason and Cronquist 1964)