[vox-tech] Exporting displays

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Mar 17 15:20:42 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 01:21:52PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>   - Mark Kim's "xhost+" advice.  DON'T DO THIS.  EVER.  Google for the
>     reasons, they're well known and tedious to recount.  Fortunately,
>     most sane X servers don't allow this in their default sessions.

It's fine in a LAN behind a firewall, I'm sure.

But on the open and evil Internet, yeah... scary :^)
As bad as (if not worse than!) using telnet to login, or non-anonymous FTP.

With SSH and friends properly set up, it's actually easier to go the SSH -X
route, besides. :)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com         "I'm anticipating an all-out tactical
http://newbreedsoftware.com/      dog-fight, followed by a light dinner."