[vox-tech] Spyware For Linux?

Micah Cowan micah at cowan.name
Tue Mar 15 10:28:48 PST 2005

Bob Scofield wrote:

>A friend of mine was recently complaining that her Windows computer was too
>slow.   She said it ran much faster after running a spyware program.

I have to assume that what your friend meant was spyware-/removing/
program, and that you mis-read the UCSC quote.

There is no way that running spyware can make your computer run faster.

And to answer your question: no, Linux most certainly does not need spyware.

One thing that I thought was pretty cool, is that Windows Updates for XP
automatically checks for known spyware, and sends a fresh
spyware-remover every month. Pretty neat! Of course, on Linux, I don't
/need/ a spyware remover...

-Micah