[vox-tech] Apt-get vs. Dselect

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 11 10:54:43 PST 2005

Quoting Peter Jay Salzman (p at dirac.org):

> There are some _really_ good reasons to use aptitude instead of apt-get.  I
> believe Rick Moen has a page of them, and they're very convincing on many
> different levels.  I'm sure he'll chime in with the URL sooner or later.  ;)

At yr. service:

"Aptitude" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Debian/

(I tend to point people to the relevent knowledgebase _index_ page
rather than the direct document URL for lots'a reasons -- including the
fact that the whole point of the index is to make documents easy to
REfind, and also to find related topics of interest.)