[vox-tech] Re: please help

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Fri Mar 11 09:45:56 PST 2005

Short on details.  Did someone tell him that his home directory is almost
certainly safe and sound?  He may be freaking out.  I know that I would.

Is /home on its own partition?

Do we have output of "mount"?  Maybe it's as simple as a KDE thing.  Has he
tried to log in on the console?

Do we have dmesg output?

What happens when he tries to manually mount /home?

Pete