[vox-tech] Apache question: preventing direct access to files

Micah Cowan micah at cowan.name
Thu Mar 10 16:08:27 PST 2005

Richard S. Crawford wrote:

>Yeah.  Oh, yeah.  More than you can imagine.

I doubt it: I've had to work with the sucker before. Had to make a living...

It's great for doing really simple things. Anything beyond that, and
you're better off using practically anything else.

>Fortunately, we're going to
>start transitioning over to a PHP solution starting next month (the
>transition will probably take over a year, but I'm really excited about
>it).

Good for you! I don't understand how people can actually justify paying
good money for ColdFusion, when PHP or mod_perl is free! But it's one of
those products that look terrific and likely to save lots of development
time, to managers; until someone actually tries to accomplish something
with it.

-Micah