[vox-tech] Run Zope as service (non-root)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Jun 5 23:23:09 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 10:33:25PM -0700, Alex Mandel (tech_dev) wrote:
> So now, how do I add zope to the startup of my system. Do I put a new
> script in the init.d folder? Can anyone point me to a good place to
> learn about how to this right?

Some of these URLs might be useful:

  YoLinux: Linux Init Process / PC Boot Procedure
  http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialInitProcess.html

    This tutorial covers the PC boot process and the Linux Operating
    System inititiation of background applications (daemons/services).
    The sequence, configuration and administration of the Linux boot process
    is covered.

  Making scripts run at boot time with Debian

    If you wish to add a new service to start when the machine boots
    you should add the necessary script to the directory
    /etc/init.d/. Many of the scripts already present in that directory
    will give you an example of the kind of things that you can do.

  Writing System V init scripts for Red Hat Linux
  http://www.sensi.org/~alec/unix/redhat/sysvinit.html

Hope those head you in the right direction!