[vox-tech] Setting up VPN in FedoraCor

Kimberly Andrew hookandcrook at spatulagraphics.com
Thu Jul 28 17:58:51 PDT 2005

Hello.

We have an IBM Thinkpad and had FedoraCor (kernel 2.6.12) installed
at the Installfest. We are heading out on a trip, and wish to use wi-fi
access.
Since some it will be public access, we thought we would use our acct at
PublicVPN. However, they do not have instructions for using Linux and
I'm hoping someone on this list can help me.

This is what I have found at their web site, but I'm not sure if it
applies to Linux:

Here are generic settings that you need to set up any generic L2TP/IPsec
client.
Server Name: gateway.publicvpn.net

Username: your publicvpn.com username

Password: your publicvpn.com password

Shared Secret: publicvpn.net

DHCP: on

Note: your L2TP/IPsec client must support NAT-T if it is behind NAT.
Ask your VPN client vendor for more information on your VPN
client's NAT-T capability.

If someone can tell me where I find the settings and what I need to plug in
to the settings, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Kimberly Andrew