[vox-tech] sshd_config and PasswordAuthentication

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Fri Jul 8 08:23:28 PDT 2005

> What's wrong with PasswordAuthentication in a nutshell is, in order to
> authenticate yourself, both you and the destination host know your
> password.

But, even if I have this set to "no", and I do an interactive login,
then both me and the remote box need to know my password.

public/private keys avoid the above issue.

But I dont' see how setting PasswordAuthentication yes accomplishes the
above.

Obviously I'm missing something.  I'm going to go reread the thread

Jay