[vox-tech] Scanners

Richard Harke rharke at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 2 12:51:49 PDT 2005

I'm trying to set up a scanner to scan in a bunch of documents.
First shot was hook up my wifes scanner but it is not supported.
So I got into reading the lists of supported scanners and hunting
for them on the internet. The ones I can find for sale don't seem
to be listed or are listed as not supported by SANE.
Then I found a site that suggested getting an Epson, saying that they
do support Linux. I went to their web page and got a list of models
and then downloaded the tar ball. But when I tried to build it, I got
tons of errors. They also supply an RPM but I wonder if I can use it.
I'm running Debian and have a 2.6 kernel. They list Redhat and SuSE
as the distros supported.

Does anyone on this list have any suggestions?

Richard Harke