[vox-tech] Sarge Printing Problem

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jan 29 10:46:35 PST 2005

Quoting Robert G. Scofield (rscofield at afes.com):

> I remember using sndconfig when I used Red Hat some years ago.  And I
> saw that someone on a Debian list used apt-get install sndconfig.  But
> when I try it, I get a message that it's no longer available (at least
> by way of apt-get).

I'm not too surprised:  "No candidate version found for sndconfig."
It's been a while, and the tool really works only with the old oss-free
drivers, as I think I mentioned.

It's still around on my Debian-testing systems, but only because I
fetched it quite a while ago.

If you really need/want it for some reason, you can still fetch it from
the package pools.  (The indexes for the stable branch still refer to
it, BTW.)  See:  http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/s/sndconfig/