[vox-tech] Restructuring a CVS repository

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Sun Jan 23 18:30:30 PST 2005

For several months now, I've been using CVS to keep my writing up to date
across four different computers ('cause I never know when I'll get a chance
to work on something).  Now I want to complete redo the directory structure,
but I feel like it's embedded into the CVS repository as it is, and I can't
think of an easy way to restructure without a ton of cvs removes and cvs
adds.  I thought about deleting the main repository as well as the replicated
directories on all but one computer, then going through and deleting all of
the CVS folders recursively, then restructuring everything, then exporting it
all again, but that seems overly complex.

Is there an easy way to do this?

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford at mossroot.com)