[vox-tech] Copyright and license

Micah Cowan micah at cowan.name
Sun Jan 23 14:44:50 PST 2005

Peter Jay Salzman wrote (in reply to Richard):

> Thanks for the two cents! One of the reasons why I didn't think the 2nd
>
>question was clear is because I have audio CD's that actually DO say
>something to the effect of "this is a prerelease, and this CD must be
>surrendered if we ask for it".
>
>But then again, that can be considered a rudimentary license, whereas the
>OpenGL tutorial didn't have anything like that.

I think that's exactly the case. There is an implied license in the
OpenGL case. There are some things which I believe you can take as
definitely implied--that is, they'd almost certainly hold up in court. I
think there are other things which you might be able to support as being
implied, but which might be less stable a case.