[vox-tech] Perl programming problem

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Thu Jan 13 13:46:20 PST 2005

Mark K. Kim said:
> You have to set the sender (I guess the From: line) to an e-mail address
> that is valid from the internet.  "localhost.localdomain" is, from
> unexmail.ucdavis.edu's point of view, is itself, and it knows "richard"
> doesn't exist on its mailing system.

Actually, I do.  Here is the relevant code:

my $fromAddress='rcrawford at unexmail.ucdavis.edu';
my $toAddress='rcrawford at unexmail.ucdavis.edu';
my $body="Neo is down as of $timeString\n";
my $mailer=open ({From => $fromAddress, To => toAddress, Subject=>$subject});
print $mailer $body;
$mailer->close();

> Also, look into sendmail's "-f" option.

How would I use that in my code?