[vox-tech] Google question - dotfiles

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Wed Jan 12 03:50:45 PST 2005

A friend asked if a .forward file can be used to forward mail to two
recipients, instead of just one.  I figured it probably can handle something
like:

   $ cat .forward
   me at one.account, metoo at another.account.

But wasn't sure.  I know procmail can do this, but I was curious about
.forward.  So I did a Google search on

   .forward
   ".forward"
   .forward email

and it looks like Google ignores that (in this case crucial) dot.  Is there
a way for Google to NOT ignore that dot?  And does anyone know if .forward
can handle two recipients?

Also, I guess I suspected this before, but it never registered: Google
search terms are NOT commutative.  Doing a Google search on

   foo bar

yields completely different results than doing a search on

   bar foo.

Pete