[vox-tech] Debian Net Install Question

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Wed Jan 5 16:04:01 PST 2005

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 15:10, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> Also, just to make sure the iso file isn't corrupted, do:
>
>    file sarge-i386-netinst.iso

That's interesting because it says the CD is bootable.  But I think I need to
try the suggestions of Marc and Jonathan.  I did choose "data CD" and I don't
remember if I chose "iso."  I've got to get to a meeting.  I'll try to
re-burn later tonight, or tomorrow.

> and do (as root):
>
>    mount -o loop sarge-i386-netinst.iso /mnt
>    ls /mnt

I found this to be a fascinating command.  It shows a lot of files and
directories that do not show up if I mount the CD itself in the regular
manner.  And those files suggest ways to boot by way of a floppy should the
CD not boot.  I don't know what this command does exactly, but it's nice.

So here's a question.  When one is done with this command, does one issue some
sort of umount command?

Thanks Pete, and Mark and Jonathan.

Bob