[vox-tech] OT: over-the-air HD in davis?

Bill Broadley bill at cse.ucdavis.edu
Tue Jan 4 18:03:26 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 07:52:37PM -0800, Charles McLaughlin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to hear from anyone who is receiving over-the-air high
> definition TV in Davis.  Specifically, I'm trying to decide what
> size/type of antenna to install in my attic.
>
> Thanks,
> Charles

I'd recommend starting with:
	http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

Then you can decide on which channels you want and which kind of size
antenna you want (small, medium or large) and type (multi directional
or directional).

Of course any Davis HDTV OTA user experiences would be valuable as well.

More on topic, is anyone doing similar HDTV with mythtv or related
linux projects?  Any one tried on of the HDTV cards, like the
	http://www.pchdtv.com/

Are there any others that work with linux?

--
Bill Broadley
Computational Science and Engineering