[vox-tech] EPS file size

Micah Cowan micah at cowan.name
Fri Feb 25 11:44:23 PST 2005

Dylan Beaudette wrote:

>quick question:
>
>i have heard about possible ways to make an EPS file smaller...but I can't
>remember where I heard it, and how to do it.
>
>Any ideas?

Well, since PostScript is a programming language, the ways of
compressing an EPS program are virtually infinite; it's much like
contests to fit a solution to a given problem into the smallest Perl
program you can manage.

I'd be happy to take a look at it and offer some small suggestions for
hand-tuning, if you're interested. I won't be able to actually dig in
and hand-tune it, though, unless you'd be willing to pay me. ;-)

I won't be checking my e-mail over the weekend, so I'd get to looking at
it on Monday.

-Micah