[vox-tech] Firefox question (long shot)

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Tue Feb 22 20:17:42 PST 2005

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 8:09 pm, Richard S. Crawford flailed at a keyboard
and produced this:
> On Tuesday 22 February 2005 8:04 pm, Mark K. Kim flailed at a keyboard and
> produced this:
> > Try, in BASH:
> >
> >    $cd ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/Cache
> >    $for i in *; do file "$i" | grep -i flash; done
> >
> > Those are all the cached Flash files -- Back them up somewhere safe,
> > append .swf extensions to them, and try loading them in the browser.
> >
> > It must be a really good game!
>
> It's pretty spiffy.
>
> Foolishly, I set my browser's cache to 0.  Never a problem until now; the
> command above returned nothing.  The game is apparently still in my
> computer's memory, though; is there a way to pull it out of there?

Hah!  Got it!  It was lurking in the /tmp directory.  Duh.

For future reference, I've uploaded the game to my personal website:

http://mossroot.com/nanaca-crash_v104.swf

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford at mossroot.com)