[vox-tech] OCR on the fly

Dave Margolis margolisdm at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 22 16:45:38 PST 2005

Does anyone know of a program that I could run a few thousand GIF images
through, perform an OCR-like operation on each, and get some kind of
text back for putting into a database for searching purposes.

I'm looking into making my collection of daily comics searchable.  I
know the fonts in most comics don't lend themselves to very good OCR,
but I'm thinking a certain margin of error would be acceptable.

And in case you're wondering, no, I'm not planning to make this
public...just for me.

Thanks,
Dave