[vox-tech] Re: lugod.org cracked?

Lewis Perdue lperdue at ideaworx.com
Wed Feb 16 03:10:06 PST 2005

Last year when William and I had our root hacked, we took all the steps
previously outlined, and then "sanitized" the hard drive with WipeDisk from
White Canyon ... used the Dept. of defense standard and over-wrote
something like six times. Maybe not technically necessary, but was good for
the "state of mind" knowing that only some NSA weenie with the discs in han
and a scanning tunneling electron microscope could recover the data ... and
no way for evil code to survive.

Our root crack actually resulted in a faster system afterwards not to
mention an intimate knowledge of IP tables.

Lewis Perdue, 462 W. Napa St., Suite 201, Sonoma, CA 95476,
Phone: 707-326-4503 fax: 707-940-4146
Email: lperdue at ideaworx.com
Author Web Site: http://www.lewisperdue.com
Professional Web Site: http://www.ideaworx.com