[vox-tech] firefox question

Lewis Perdue lperdue at ideaworx.com
Thu Feb 3 11:22:15 PST 2005

>Thanks Rob!

there's an option called mousewheel.withnokey.action that does the trick
... set to "1" it scrolls up/down a page.

But there's a downside here: I think I'm going to blow a day tinkering with
all the OTHER stuff that comes up in about:config!

>On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 06:24:26AM -0800, Lewis Perdue wrote:
> > I don't suppose anyone knows a hack that will allow Firefox to support a
> > wheel mouse? I've gotten hooked on configuring mine to scroll down a page
> > at a time. Firefox does not support, so I went back to Mozilla.
>
>One of the annoyances to Firefox is it doesn't present nearly the
>configuration options of Mozilla. The good thing is the options are
>still there, just not available through the preferences interface. There
>is an extension (the name of which I can't remember at the moment) that
>fixes that problem. Luckily you can always manually configure it. Try
>typing 'about:config' in the address bar. This brings up a page with
>every possible configuration option and their current value. You can
>then filter down to the mousewheel options by typing 'mousewheel' in the
>filter bar. There are probably 3 options you're particularly interested
>in here: mousewheel.withaltkey.action, mousewheel.withcontrolkey.action,
>mousewheel.withshiftkey.action. Each one of course modifying what
>happens when you use that particular key while scrolling the mousewheel.
>You can double click on any of them and change the value. Setting to 1
>makes the mousewheel scroll a page at a time. 2 is to go forward and
>back in your history (equiv. to the forward/back buttons). 3 causes the
>wheel to increase or decrease the font size (very handy on some sites
>that set it way too small...I bind that to ctrl).
>
>HTH
>- rob

>End of vox-tech Digest, Vol 9, Issue 4
>**************************************

Will the next terrorist weapon target the ethnic code in your genes?
Read <http://www.slatewiper.com/>Slatewiper, (http://www.slatewiper.com/)
to find out.

Lewis Perdue
462 W. Napa St., Suite 201, Sonoma, CA 95476,
Phone: 707-326-4503, fax: 707-940-4146
Email: lperdue at ideaworx.com
Author Web Site: http://www.lewisperdue.com
Professional Web Site: http://www.ideaworx.com