[vox-tech] a firefox question

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 3 10:01:50 PST 2005

These have been some interesting discussions about FireFox.  One thing
Pete originally complained about that hasn't been discussed is the
opening of new windows when you would rather they would go to another
tab.  This often frustrates me as well.  From what I can tell, this
occurs when some java happy web designer wraps a link with javascript to
open a new window.  Left-clicking on these links opens the content in a
new window, as expected.  Middle-clicking on the link opens a blank tab
with the javascript in the location bar.  Since java code is not a valid
location, nothing opens.  I hope this gets fixed in future versions.

Jonathan