[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

Ken Herron kherron+lugod at fmailbox.com
Wed Feb 2 13:56:31 PST 2005

Norm Matloff wrote:
> I've been using it almost exclusively for several months now (I mainly
> used Mozilla before that), and I really like it.  My complaint, though,
> is that the documentation is awful.
>
> For example, I discovered by accident that one can do a text search
> within the currently-displayed page by using the vi `/' command!

The feature is called "find as you type" or "typeahead find". It's not
hard to find information about it once you know it exists :-) Classic
mozilla contains the feature too, but I don't think it's turned on by
default.

Poor-quality documentation is a very common problem with open source
projects. The mozilla project would be happy to have your help; see
<http://www.mozilla.org/contribute/writing/>.