[vox-tech] Four week test of Firefox versus Opera

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Tue Feb 1 11:36:22 PST 2005

> 3. Rendering is wonderful: pages render more faithfully under FF than Opera.

I've been using FF for a couple of months on both M$ and Linux and
unfortunately I'd have to say the rendering is not so wonderful when
compared with IE (at least in my experience) for example when I look at:

http://www.sheddaquarium.org/mem_individual.cfm

FF smashes the ticket options together, IE has them nice and separated.

>    A rant about Launchy.  I *hate* the fact that I need an extension to
>    handle mailto: links.  Hate, hate, hate.  When I click on a mailto link,
>    I want to run mutt in an xterm.  There's no excuse to 1) need an
>    extension for this and 2) have to write an XML stanza.  I'll be damned if
>    I spend 20 minutes figuring this out, although if I stick to Firefox, I
>    guess I'll have to at some point.

I agree wholeheartedly

Have you been using Thunderbird?  Its quite nice, except the spell
checker sucks.

Jay