[vox-tech] Keyboard not functioning

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Sat Dec 24 07:27:25 PST 2005

yeah, i was pretty sure it would.  glad he's up and running.  go ahead and
delete dot-kde if you like.  you no longer need (or want!) it.  unless you
really modified/tweaked your desktop, deleting .kde/ is to KDE as rebooting
the system is to Microsoft Windows.

on a side note, one has to wonder how kde devs can let something like this
happen.  this sort of thing should really be reported so they can take
appropriate steps to prevent it from happening to other people.  it's OK to
not treat people like drooling idiots (the way GNOME does) but kde devs
really ought to be protecting against catastrophic occurances, like losing a
keyboard due to what's most likely accidental config twiddling...

pete