[vox-tech] Keyboard not functioning

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Fri Dec 23 17:50:13 PST 2005

På 2005-12-23, skrev Hookand Crook:
> I apologize. We are both very, very new to Linux and I had to go look
> up virtual console. My husband is not aware of moving himself to one
> of these, but he will check when he next logs in.
>
> Thanks.
> Kim

Would you try this please?

1. Before or after loggin in, type control-alt-F1. Use the control and alt
   keys on the left side of the keyboard, not the those on the right side.
2. If the screen changes to a mostly black display with lighter-colored
   text and no icons visible anywhere, you have just reached a virtual
   console; keep going. If not, come back here and tell us what you see and
   what your screen looks like.
3. You should see something like "localhost login:", which is a prompt for
   you to log in. The word "localhost" will likely be replaced by the name
   that you chose for your computer when you installed Linux.
4. Try logging in. You should get a shell prompt.
5. See what happens and report back!

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13