[vox-tech] subversion: print non-versioned files in directory

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Thu Dec 22 10:49:33 PST 2005

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 08:51 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> I was just told that subversion will be coming to sf.net "early in the new
> year".  Keep your fingers crossed!

I've seen vague promises like that for a few months now.  I wonder
why this is so hard for them?  Subversion does already exist!

I have several other annoyances with SourceForge.  Anonymous CVS
access is completely broken, and seemingly has been for months.
Forum posting is crude, there's no preview, and recently it seems if
you enter a double quote character it comes up as """ in your
posted message and there's no way to go back and fix it.  If I go to
a project's home page and then log in, I have to then navigate back
to the home page again (actually that would not be so annoying if
SourceForge were not so slow).

Frankly, I think SF is becoming an embarrassment to the FOSS
community.  I'm surprised that more projects don't just do
everything from their own web sites.

-- Rod