[vox-tech] Oocalc question: exporting text (CSV) as formatted in GUI

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Dec 20 15:57:58 PST 2005

Henry House wrote:

>I am trying to export a spreadsheet from OpenOffice Calc that contains
>times. I want the times in 24-hour format, and have formatted them thus on
>the screen. But when I export the sheet as a CSV text file, the times are
>output as AM/PM not 24-format --- very annoying! Does anyone know how to
>make Oocalc export text just as displayed?

Here's a work around. Make a new column and put this
=(HOUR(A1)&":"&MINUTE(A1))
Assuming your time field is A1,this will effectively convert your time
field to a text field.

Excel apparently does it correctly, which I'm a bit surprised at so ya,
you should follow the other advice and report the bug.

Alex