[vox-tech] open source personals

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Dec 18 11:14:10 PST 2005

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 02:03:09PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> are there open source personals?  i'm thinking of a place where people can
> go to find other programmers / designers / writers who are interested in
> casual work on FOSS hobby projects.

Once upon a time, I was mulling around the idea of an OSSJobs website,
which would cover this.  Of course, never got around to it, nor put
much thought into it. ;^)

> i'm surprised that freshmeat or sf.net doesn't have one.

SourceForge has facilities for project admins to post and edit
"Help Wanted" notifications, as well as a "Help Wanted" discussion forum:

I, uh, think that posts made by admins via their own project's Admin section
go to these forums.  But... it's kind of confusing me.

(I also noticed if you click the big red "Projects" link towards the top
of every page at SF.net, you get an "Invalid Project" error page.  Whutha?)