[vox-tech] moving an url gracefully

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Dec 14 11:02:07 PST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 08:45:57AM -0800, Philip Neustrom wrote:
> You'll want to use your webserver's rewrite engine to do this.  For
> apache, it's mod_rewrite.  It's pretty straightforward to do,
> especially for something like this.

We actually use mod_rewrite on the LUGOD website to 'wrap' all of the
mailing list archive HTML pages (generated by MHonArc, I guess)
in the nice navigation PHP that's found pretty much all over the LUGOD.org
site.  (Helps direct new visitors to the rest of LUGOD, when they find our
site by Google searching a question and finding the answer in our list
archives. >:^) )