[vox-tech] postfix config file

Bill Broadley bill at cse.ucdavis.edu
Thu Dec 8 21:29:26 PST 2005

I don't have one handy (for fedora core 4), but if you:
rpm -qf /etc/postfix/main.cf

It will tell you the package name, then you can just get it off
your install media or just google for it.  Or just use your
package manager (see below).

> I accidentally overwrote my main.cf and I don't feel
> like doing a total system reinstall just to get this.

Reinstalling would be overkill.  The RPM database keeps
track of every file the package manager installs, it's
checksum, and which package it came from.  So you can ask.

rpm --verify postfix-2...

Will likely tell you the checksum for main.cf changed.

So do something like:
[root at k bill]# rpm -qf /etc/postfix/main.cf
postfix-2.1.5-4.2.RHEL4
[root at k bill]# rpm --verify postfix-2.1.5-4.2.RHEL4
S.5....T. c /etc/postfix/main.cf  #note the 5 means md5sum changed
[root at k bill]# yum remove postfix-2.1.5-4.2.RHEL4
[root at k bill]# yum install postfix-2.1.5-4.2.RHEL4
[root at k bill]# rpm --verify postfix-2.1.5-4.2.RHEL4
[root at k bill]# #no output means all files match the checksum

Fixed.

--
Bill Broadley
Computational Science and Engineering