[vox-tech] Realtime Linux Challenge--Need Help

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 30 13:53:54 PDT 2005

I'm looking for someone who has experience with installing rtlinux (real
time linux) or is kernel knowledgeable and can do it. I've been running
a rtlinux application (meteor detection with special hardware, including
a camera) under rtlinux for about 20 months, but it has been out of the
water since early this year when my computer died and took rtlinux with
it. Whatever I was able to do initially, I have not been able to repeat
after many, many attempts. I live 75 miles from Davis but am willing to
bring my computer down there if someone can help.

Supposedly, all one needs to do is follow some instructions (2 pages)
and use the patches provided. That only worked once for me. This needs
someone with more knowledge than I have. If all goes as it should, it
should take 2 hours; however, something seems amiss, so I'd expect it to
take longer.

Wayne Watson (530) 265-3378

                         Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>