[vox-tech] Multiple Cd iso to single DVD

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Aug 19 09:33:05 PDT 2005

Ryan wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 August 2005 11:39 pm, Alex Mandel
> tech_dev-at-wildintellect.com |lugod| wrote:
>
>>So I've got a set of 7 cds, install discs for some software.
>>only 2 of them are sequential(it asks for disc 2), everything else is
>>optional.
>>
>>Anyone know how I could take isos from cds(which I already did) and burn
>>them to a single DVD that would autolaunch and allow you to pick which
>>disc to install plus allow you to go from disc 1 to disc 2 during that
>>particular segment.
>>
>>The idea I had although not perfect was to grab all the files into one
>>folder structure and build an html page that links to each of
>>executables for the discs and then autolaunch this page.
>>
>>Although a simple iso concatentate seems better to me, I just don't know
>>what software to do that with.
>

> On linux, you could just burn the isos as a series of files on the DVD and
> loop mount them (mount -o loop filename.iso mountpoint)

Well, I actually did that but it's not a viable option because the end
OS is windows(not to mention when I made the isos to start in windows
with Roxio-the only software I have access to it did something funny and
linux will only mount 1 of the 7 without error), I'm just using my linux
box because I have more software options.

In the end I think I'm going to option 2 if I can ever get the files
extracted from the isos. I'll see if I can post my mount error when I
get home.
Something about a loop error if I don't specify the file system and
invalid file system when I do specify iso9660, I think Roxio made a
funny version of iso9660, because some windows tools can still read it.

Oh well - Alex