[vox-tech] replacing firefox 1.0 with firefox 1.06

Chris Horsting horsting at csus.edu
Wed Aug 17 12:36:19 PDT 2005

Jay Strauss wrote:

> Chris Horsting wrote:
>

>> I used a script.
>>

> Chris, take it from someone who has learned the lesson first hand,
> provide detail to your questions.  Including (but not limited to):
>
> Distro and version
> an accurate description of the steps you took and the results
>
> If you do not show that you took the time and the effort to give
> someone a chance to help, they won't give you the effort in return.
>
> I suspect that anyone on this list that can help you (which excuses
> me) needs to know:
>
> 1) what linux distribution you are running
> 2) what version
> 3) did you use some sort of package like and rpm or deb, or from source
> 4) did you write this "script" you talked about (which I doubt), or
> did it come this the code you installed
> 5) where did the new version get installed, where is the old version
> 6) what's your path
>
> HTH
> Jay

1) Fedora
2) Version 3.0
3) The Name of the file  is firefox-1.0.6.installer.tar.gz
4) The script came with the package
5) The new version is at /home/chris/firedir/firefox-installer/  and the
application is x-shellscript.  I do not know where the old version is at.
6)  I am not sure about path.   Where the new version is installed to me
would be that path.  Also, I have a symbolic link from the firefox
installer directory to my desktop directory.
7)  I got the package from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
thanks
Chris