[vox-tech] replacing firefox 1.0 with firefox 1.06

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Wed Aug 17 06:18:13 PDT 2005

Chris Horsting wrote:

> I used a script.

Chris, take it from someone who has learned the lesson first hand,
provide detail to your questions.  Including (but not limited to):

Distro and version
an accurate description of the steps you took and the results

If you do not show that you took the time and the effort to give someone
a chance to help, they won't give you the effort in return.

I suspect that anyone on this list that can help you (which excuses me)
needs to know:

1) what linux distribution you are running
2) what version
3) did you use some sort of package like and rpm or deb, or from source
4) did you write this "script" you talked about (which I doubt), or did
it come this the code you installed
5) where did the new version get installed, where is the old version
6) what's your path

HTH
Jay