[vox-tech] using linux laptop with projector...

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Aug 14 18:50:56 PDT 2005

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 04:24:41PM -0700, Boris Jeremic wrote:
> Hello There,
>
> I want to use my laptop (RedHat 9) when I make presentations. I used to
> be able (with old laptop) to change screen resolution from (current
> 1600x1200) to whatever will the (outside) projector accept (usually
> 800x600 or so...) It used to work (again on old laptop) with CRTL-ALT +
> or - and the resolution would change.

Under KDE (and probably Gnome) there should be a little applet that lets
you change your desktop resolution between the various screen resolutions.
(All of your panels and desktop icons and stuff will move to fit in the
smaller area).

This is different than the normal Ctrl-Alt-+/- effect of changing resolution
without changing the desktop size (in which case moving the mouse will
pan around that larger area).

In KDE, the applet I use is KRandR (for Resize and Rotate).  Dunno much
else about it... Just Works for me...