[vox-tech] Fwd: installing firefox and Tar.gz files

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 12 08:44:15 PDT 2005

Chris

Your linux distribution, if you keep it up-to-date, should provide a
recent version of Firefox.  That is the best way to upgrade.

If you want to use a downloaded tar.gz, first expand it.  In konqueror
you can do this by right clicking and choosing "extract".  I forget the
command line way to do it.  There should be a readme or install file
inside that will tell you what to do.

Jonathan