[vox-tech] More Apache2 rewrite fun with Zope/Plone

Alex Mandel (tech_dev) tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Aug 4 22:00:03 PDT 2005

Making Progress only to hit another wall...

when I hit site1.com, I get site2 with a Plone error page "Our apologies..."
and the url continues to say www.site1.com even though all the links I
click or rollover actually say 192.168.1.105:8381/site2
site1 is configured for ports 8080 and 8081
site2 8380 and 8381

now to make it more interesting
I hit site2.com and get the same error message but the location bar
reads
http://192.168.1.105:8381/site2/VirtualHostBase/http/site2.com:80/VirtualHostRoot/

Any clues?
Note: only the site2 access log shows any activity.

The virtual host files are identical except for different ports and site
names and the symlinks were spelled right and created identically.

Alex
Apache2, Zope 2.7.5, Plone 2.0.5, Python 2.3.4, Ubuntu Hoary(5.04)