[vox-tech] GUI mail client recommendation

Troy Arnold troy-vox at zenux.net
Tue Apr 26 10:14:37 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 11:29:56AM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Now that I have wireless keyboard, I find myself busy working without the
> keyboard on my desk for long periods of time.
>
> I still love mutt, and it will always be my primary MUA, but I'd like to use
> something point and clickish for when my keyboard is off the desk.
>
> I'm very particular about the tools I use, but if there are any mutt lovers
> here who also use a point and click MUA, then whatever makes you happy will
> prolly also make me happy too.
>
> Any recommendations?  There seems to be an infinite stream of mail clients.

At one time I played around a lot with Sylpheed.  I liked it.  It is
highly customizable and fast, but the killer feature for me (at the time
I was coding something that parsed and processed email attachments) was
that it would let me easily resend/edit a message, attachments and all.
It didn't work for me as an everyday MUA because it really only got
along well with MH mail folders and that didn't play well with mutt.

This was all well over a two years ago, and I see that development is still
active for the project...

http://sylpheed.good-day.net/
http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/

-troy