[vox-tech] vnc terminal only

tech_dev(Alex Mandel) tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Apr 15 00:16:14 PDT 2005

I just upgraded Ubunutu (warty to hoary).
Eveything went fine except for some graphics related issues, prev fixed
by using 16bit color because my graphics card is old and can't handle
more.  The next possibly related problem is that when I hit my vncsever
using tightvnc client in windows I only get a terminal now not a virtual
desktop.

Do I need to reconfigure my vnc.conf or xorg.conf, or is there simply a
command I can run to launch gnome over the vnc connection?

Not sure if it helps but I saw something that said maybe the session
didn't know which desktop manager to use, now that there may be more
than just gnome.

Thanks,
Alex