[vox-tech] GUI for Camera on Sarge?

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 7 11:14:00 PDT 2005

Bob

I think you are on the right track.  I've noticed also with Fedora that
it automatically edits /etc/fstab when usb storage devices are attached
or removed (cameras sometimes behave as storage devices).  I'm not sure
what daemon does this, but I don't think it is submount.  It might be
something called "HAL" that was mentioned previously on this list.

A simpler thing to do is just add the right line to /etc/fstab
permanently, yourself.  Then you can have an icon on your KDE desktop to
mount/unmout the device (/dev/sda1).  You will, however, need the
correct options, including "user(s)" which allows non-root users to mount.

Jonathan