[vox-tech] Getting KDE 3.4 in Debian Testing

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Sat Apr 2 22:41:18 PST 2005

On Saturday 02 April 2005 18:03, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 11:54:42AM -0800, Bob Scofield wrote:
>
> UNFORTUNATELY, however, I was unable to log in when I first tried.
> The KDE Splash would freeze at the "33%" level while restoring my session.
> I tried moving my ".kde/share/config/session/" directory out of the way,
> but that didn't help, so I simply renamed my entire ".kde" directory and
> am starting fresh.  (I don't care SO much about most of my preferences.
> It's just my bookmarks and kwallet passwords, and I was able to move those
> over easily.)
>
> So...  YMMV. :^)  Good luck!!!

Hmm.....I think I might wait until I have more time to work on this project.
I'm sure I'll have a tougher time of this than you did.  I'll have more time
after April 20th.

Is kwallet a good idea?  I've only put one password into it.  It seems like a
hassle to have to enter two passwords to do something.  But as I type these
comments I'm starting to understand why that might be a good idea.

Bob