[vox-tech] program to move message from inbox to folder

Charles McLaughlin cmclaughlin at ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 29 11:29:16 PDT 2004

Hello,

I want to write a shell script to move messages from a mail spool inbox
to a number of folders.  So if there are messages in the inbox, the
first message should go to folder1, second message should go to folder2,
etc.

Is there a command I can use in my script to move the first message in
the inbox to a folder?  I was thinking procmail, but I don't want to do
any pattern matching, I just want to move the first message over and
over again.

Thanks,
Charles